Monday, May 12, 2014

Roma: Day Two

Day two in Roma!

The Llewellyn clan woke up bright and early and took a cab to the one and only Colosseum. We met our tour guide, Vera, and we were off!

The tour of the Colosseum and the Forum was wonderful... I think I remembered most of it from my freshman Ancient Roman History class at Texas... I think. But really and truely, it was incredible.



\
My other pictures of the Forum won't upload! Sorry! I have pictures on my camera which will be on facebook soon enough.

We then headed back toward the Pantheon on foot and stopped for an early lunch (here.. eating at noon is early). On the way, we made a detour by the Area Sacra. Apparently Julius Caesar was killed here. Now the ruins are actually used as a cat sanctuary! Lauren made a new friend.

Monument for the unknown soldier. Or the "wedding cake" as the locals call it.

Area Sacra


The clan then made its way back to our hotel for an afternoon nap. Once rested we decided to head out for a walk! We ventured down to a really crowded shopping street. Hit up some side streets and then made our way back to the Pantheon for a drink before dinner. I actually typed up most of this blog entry at this little cafe on the piazza in front of the pantheon!

This was outside a really cute wood shop we found on our walk!


After drinks we headed to dinner. I'm officially starting a new game where I see how much pasta I can eat in the next couple days. It seriously never gets old. We might as well add white wine to that game as well. On our way back to the hotel we stopped for some gelato of course! I went with Twix this time. WAY better than the mint last night.

Well, it's off to bed now. What an incredible day full of history and yummy food. Hope everyone is having an excellent day! Vatican City tomorrow!

Love,
Llewy

ps- my internet is still in Italian. Lucky for me, I'm picking up the language real fast. I learned how to say check please today. Important stuff.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks Sarah. Have a great birthday!!!! Love - Aunt Linda and Uncle Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a birthday to remember!!! Right on!!!!

    ReplyDelete