Saturday, May 17, 2014

Cruise Day One: Santorini

SANTORINI.

Goodness goodness. Santorini is amazing, gorgeous, breathtaking, etc. We started the day tendering from the cruise ship to shore. Then we had the choice of riding the donkeys up the winding road or the cable car. Unfortunately we were misled to think the donkeys would take too long, so we took the cable car (I wish we would have taken the donkeys!!) But nevertheless, once we got to the top, the view was AWEsome. 

We met our tour guide and we were off. We saw the famous village of Oia! (the classic postcard pictures of the blue domes?) There were just so many tourists. 




Our tour guide, Demetris, was so great at showing us places that weren't overrun by cruisers. We went to a winery, another village on a hill (with only one hotel, so very very few tourists!) and then ate lunch right on the water on the southern part of the volcanic island! I ate the best tziki of my life. 

We headed back to the boat and decided to just relax on the deck for a while. I ran on the track and then played shuffleboard and croquet with the parents. My dad owned me at shuffleboard, but I'm just going to announce the fact that I beat my parents at croquet (by a mile, I may add). But the best part of all these things is that the view from the track and the game terrace was INCREDIBLE. I will never forget today, and thanks to this blog I really shouldn't. Hopefully I can add at least one picture.. but if not, I'm so sorry!

Tomorrow is Rhodes! We are being very adventurous and renting a car on our own! So I'm about to go and do some research to make sure we know where we are going! 

Hope everyone is doing well! Talk to you tomorrow!

Love,
Llewy

No comments:

Post a Comment