Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Nsikazi: Day Nine

Another slow day here at Nsikazi. Unfortunately for us, they save a lot of the cool call outs for when the new group of vet students get here this weekend. So today started with a 5:30 AM wake up call. The five us hiked up the hill to watch the sunrise together one last time. It was a perfect way to end my awesome week with Celine and Tegan. Then we had to say goodbye to them! I'm so glad I'm seeing them in a week.

After our goodbyes, Kirklin, Katilyn and I went to work on doing inventory in the lab. We then were set on knowing what every single drug is used for. So we went back to our house and made lunch and started to look them all up. We're determined to learn them now. We are going to start quizzing each other. 

We only stopped studying when our new volunteer arrived! Her name is Shannon and she also is from Canada. She's very sweet and I'm excited to get to know her!

Next on the agenda was a mud bath for Valentino. It was so much fun. He absolutely loves splashing around in the mud, and we of course had fun getting dirty with him! Then we took him on a walk; well Kirklin and I ran next to him most of the time. He is so fast!!

Then we came back and let Belle (the buffalo calf) out to play as well. She is looking so much better! Funny story though. We originally named her Bill because we thought she was a he. So we thought it'd be so cute to name him "Buffalo Bill". Then when we discovered that what we thought was his penis was actually her umbilical cord. So we had to change it to Buffalo Belle. It fits her though because she is seriously the sweetest thing EVER! She is now my baby. I don't know how I'm going to part with her. Here are some pictures from our afternoon. She is the cutest!




After we had to put them away, we headed back to make dinner. I made it tonight! Spaghetti! I'm quite the chef. It was yummy though! Now we're sitting around the fire and waiting to feed Belle and Valentino at 9 PM. Tomorrow we're planning to go to a Cheetah Breeding Center since again, we're just waiting for calls for a sable and rhino. I'm excited about it though; it should be fun!

Love you all,
Llewy

1 comment:

  1. Too cute! You'll have to sing him the Veggie Tales Water Buffalo song! Miss you! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete