Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pre-Africa Fun: Day Two

My last day in the great USA was just perfect. We started the day at the 9/11 Memorial and it was absolutely beautiful. My heart was broken all over again. I learned so much more about that day, and it made me so proud to be American (cheesy, I know). Here's a picture of my dad and I inside the memorial.


This is the North Tower memorial pool.



After that, we took the subway to the REI in Soho. Got me a great sleeping bag and work pants. I can now say I'm officially ready to go! We then made our way back to our hotel to meet our family friends, the Beluks. For lunch we went to a place called Carnegies, like Patsy's yesterday, apparently it's famous. But seriously, look at these sandwiches!! Absolutely ridiculous. 


 SO MUCH MEAT.



My parents and the Beluks.




After lunch we heading to Central Park! I was so excited to finally go when it was nice outside (last time I was there was with the wonderful Samantha Tierney... But in January). Then of course, what did we do? We went to the zoo. I had some fun/practice with my camera and took a lot of pictures. So here are a few.






 This guy was such a show off. These sea lions LOVED the attention.



All in all, it's been an amazing two days in New York City. Wish I could stay longer, but South Africa calls my name! I'm hopping on my flight tomorrow morning out of JFK. I don't know when I'll be able to blog next, so be patient with me! I'll also be watching my instruction manual for my camera on the flight tomorrow. So hopefully the pictures in Africa will actually be good!

Love you all and thanks again for helping me make this happen!
--Llewy




3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great day. You have a three day streak going with your travel journal. Keep it up somehow even if you don't have internet access because you will not want to forget one moment of this trip.

    Daily Safety Tip - Daydreaming can be dangerous in the wrong places. Be aware and stay alert to the people and happenings around you at all times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are great and I love you! I'm so excited for you trip and thinking of you on your long flight! Hopefully you'll be able to post again soon :)

    When I was gone and didn't have access, I would write my daily blogs in emails or notes on my phone and computer and then just post a huge update when I got wifi again. Just a thought! Have funnnnn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sarah, so excited for all your adventures. We will keep checking for all future postings. Have a great time. Love, Karen, dean and Alyssa

    ReplyDelete