Saturday, May 19, 2012

Pre-Africa Fun: New York Day One

So our first day in New York City is coming to end. I’ve had such a fun time with with my parents and my Uncle Lee and Aunt Linda. Main highlights of the day… We went and saw War Horse. It was INCREDIBLE! The horses are puppets, and before you go thinking it’s childish and lame, these puppets were insanely intricate and realistic. I definitely recommend you see it if you ever get the chance. We then ventured to Rockefeller Center to get some drinks and catch up! It was so nice being able to see my aunt and uncle before leaving on Monday. 


Afterwards we went to dinner at Patsy's Italian Restaurant. SO GOOD. I'm still stuffed and probably will be for days. Apparently famous people eat there a lot? I don't know. To end the night, we took a little detour walking back to the hotel and ended up in Time Square. I have been there before, but I always forget how bright it is. It's like daylight.. but at night. AND I discovered there are multiple Disney stars now on Broadway! Raven-Symone in Sister Act, Corbin Bleu in Godspell, and Nick Jonas in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. What?? How did this happen?! Kinda want to see all of them now. 


Tomorrow we plan to go to the World Trade Center Memorial, do some last minute shopping at REI, and finally meet up with my mom's best friend and her daughter, who I have not seen in a very long time! Very excited!

I'll leave you with a fun little game of "Where's Waldo? Brian Llewellyn edition".


Love you all,
Llewy

1 comment:

  1. Excellent Sarah. We had a great time and we are looking forward to reading about the great times ahead of you. Love - Uncle Lee

    Safety tip for the day - always check and see where the exit are no matter where you are at - airplanes, hotel rooms, etc.

    ReplyDelete