Monday, May 28, 2012

Nsikazi: Day Five

Here's my blog from Saturday! Enjoy!

We get the weekends off, and we decided to rent a car. Lucky for us, Tegan (the Aussie) can drive stick and is used to driving on the other side of the road. We decided to go horseback riding on our first day off! Martine had suggested we go to her friend’s plantation. We had quite the adventure finding it, but once we made it, we were beyond excited. It was absolutely BREATHTAKING! I had the pleasure of riding a stallion named Minundo. He was half Clydesdale and something else. AKA he was HUGE! I was a little scared, but he was amazing. These horses can manage insane terrain. Here’s a picture of all five of us on our horses at the top of the mountain/hill. Those horses were such troopers!



The forest we rode through was so cool. It definitely didn’t feel like South Africa at all. Good thing we had a guide. I would have been completely lost in here!



We also got to canter up a hill on our horses. IT WAS INCREDIBLE! I swear I was going to fly off, but I didn’t and I had the biggest adrenaline rush by the top of the hill! Liam, our guide/owner of the horses, was so nice and so helpful. I learned so much about the horses and how to ride in just an hour and a half. Here’s a picture of us trying to get situated to take that previous picture. It was pretty difficult, but I like it because you get a good view of Minundo! Isn’t he gorgeous! 



After that we headed back to the farm and fed Valentino. Then we built a fire and made smores. Tegan had never had a smore. We were shocked. Unfortunately, we couldn’t find graham crackers at the grocery store so we just made sandwiches with the chocolate. YUMM.

We all went to bed pretty early that night because we were on the road at 4 AM the next morning! Had to get to Kruger Park early!

Love you all,
Llewy



No comments:

Post a Comment