Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Nsikazi: Day Seven

So here’s the deal people.. My internet hasn’t been working all weekend; so I apologize for the delay. I’m alive! Here’s today’s (Monday) blog! Make sure you read my entries from this weekend though. INSANE weekend/ last three days!

Today was a pretty relaxed day. We went to check on a buffalo calf that had been crushed by her mother a few weeks ago. The mother had fallen on her calf after they darted her. Miraculously, the calf survived and actually has been doing quite well since then. However, recently the calf has been acting off so we went to just check it out. I injected antibiotics into a cape buffalo! One of the big five! Isn’t she cute!
 

This puppy was so concerned for the buffalo and would not leave her side the whole time we worked on her. Look! It even has blood on its nose. 


While we were waiting to check on the buffalo, Kirklin snapped this gem of Tegan and me. Seriously so lucky I met these girls! 


After we came back to the farm and let Valentino out of his pen and brought him down to the yard in front of our houses for the afternoon. He was so playful! I’m completely and totally obsessed with this little guy. He would come right up to me and put his face right next to mine. He loves to be rubbed right under his chin and I love to give him kisses! Here are some adorable pictures of the silly boy. 




Tonight we made a really good black bean stir fry and sat by the fire again. I love hanging out with these other girls. We have so much fun together. We started to watch 10 Things I Hate About You, but then we got our internet back and everyone got distracted… We’ll finish it tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Love you all,
Llewy


1 comment:

  1. pahaha I love those last two. I am SO happy you're having such an incredible trip! -Brittface :)

    ReplyDelete